Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Barnyard and Lirpa-Anad-Nitsud

Standing beside "The Barnyard" on Desoto Parkway (CR 89), about 1 1/2 miles south of Desoto State Park, you'll find Lirpa-Anad-Nitsud. A sentinal? A greeter? Or just an oddity created by Ekim Saggog to stir imaginations?

According to local information, The Barnyard was created to be an event center for, "Gatherin's. You know, gatherin's. Like signin's, family reunions or even weddin's an' such."

 I could see that there was something behind the building and curiosity compelled me to snoop. Walking through an opening in the fence, I was met by Zerk-Zing-Gugbloot, Ruler of Grits and Cornbread. There was also a dinosaur (with head support issues) and an ostirich back there. Sponge Bob bid me farewell as I exited the compound.

By the way, Lirpa-Anad-Nitsud backward is Dustin-Dana-April. The artist's kids? Whatever it means, thank you, Ekim Snaggog, for stirring our imaginations and curiosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment